Price
£  –  £
  • £115
  • £1325

Wedding Ring Builder

Choose your metal...

Gold

Gold in its pure form is too soft to be worn as jewellery, as it would not withstand the everyday stresses that jewellery is exposed to. Instead it is mixed with other metals such as copper, zinc, silver or cobalt to make a stronger alloy and different colour.

The carat system is used by the jewellery trade to indicate the proportion of gold in an alloy. 9ct gold is 37.5% pure gold, with other metals making up the other 62.5%. The high proportion of other metals makes it very hard-wearing. 18ct gold is 75% pure gold and only 25% alloy hance the greater value. 18ct gold will wear slightly quicker than 9ct gold, but over a very long period of time.

9 carat Yellow Gold

18 carat Yellow Gold

9 carat White Gold

18 carat White Gold

Palladuim

Palladium is the choice for you if you want a wedding ring made from a precious metal with beautiful white colour and relatively hard-wearing properties, but don't want to spend as much as you would on platinum. It is a relatively rare metal, now cherished for its lustrous silvery-white finish and because it has similar properties to platinum. Palladium is resistant to corrosion and will not tarnish in air so does not need a rhodium plating. Palladium should not show wear and tear easily but no metal is completely scratch-proof!

Palladium

Platinum

The word 'platinum' comes from the Spanish word 'platina', which means 'little silver'. Platinum is great for wedding bands because it resists wear and corrosion, and because it is hypo-allergenic. When scratched, the metal is displaced rather than lost, so the volume of metal remains the same. Platinum used in jewellery is 95% pure and the final 5% of alloys refine its characteristics.

Platinum

All Wedding Rings